Time Mechabuton (タイムメカブトン) most commonly known as the Time Bokan I is a time machine built by Dr. Kieta and the main mecha in Time Bokan. This blue machine resembles a Japanese rhinoceros beetle. In the english dub Time Fighters, the machine is known as the Scorpion 2 with the Narrator pointing out that there is no Scorpion 1 saying that the professor didn't want to waste the time.
- The machine's primary weapon, a rotary saw/digger fashioned like the beetle's large single horn.
- Durable all-terrain tyres, enabling the machine to travel to a maximum of 200 km/h (approx. 125 MPH).
- Wings which will open just like the actual insect's to allow flight when powered by its jet engines. They can also be used to flap to create sandstorm by flapping.
- A defensive missile launcher mounted in the bow.
- A small red dome on its back; it is a manually pilotable scouting/surveillance airship named the "Ladybug-Drone" (テントウキ Tentōki?), which can either operate on its own, or to simply serve as a lookout post of the main machine. It includes a series of wacky gadgets and tools including mechanical limbs, shears, fire extinguishers, reflectors, nets, slingshots, and others.
- A small submarine called the "Strider-Marine" (ヤゴマリン Yagomarin?) hidden in its belly.
- A remote control of the whole system incorporated in the watch of Dr. Kieda.